Vitiligo is a chronic skin disorder in which white patches are formed on some of the body parts due to loss of pigment cells. Melanocytes are pigment producing cells and when they stop producing melanin pigment, the skin starts getting pigmentation in the form of white patches.
Vitiligo is seen in males as well as females of all races especially between the ages of ten and thirty. However, it is mostly found in dark skinned people. The white patches mostly appear on exposed body parts like face, hands, fingers, hair, mucous membranes, areas near injury and moles.
There is no pain in vitiligo and this disorder comes with no symptoms. You can only see a small spot in the initial stage which grows into large patches covering both sides of the body. The shape and size of the patches are irregular. Firstly, it appears in pale color but as the melanin is lost completely, the patch turns into complete white color.
There is a common myth about this skin disorder that it is infectious and transmittable. But, as this condition is related only to color change due to loss of pigment cells, there is no harm in touching and socializing with people suffering from vitiligo.
The causes of vitiligo are stress, anxiety, sunburn, autoimmune problems caused due to thyroid diseases, alopecia areata, pernicious anemia, diabetes and Addison’s disease. Moreover, vitiligo can also be hereditary and runs in families for generations. Vitiligo can be treated easily using homemade remedies. But it is always considered a safe option to consult a doctor before trying any of the natural remedies for vitiligo.
- Studies have shown that foods containing higher supplements of vitamin B complex, folic acid and vitamin C help in re-pigmentation of cells. So, you must include such foods in your daily diet to make your skin healthy from inside.To fill in the white patched areas, rub virgin coconut oil on the affected skin. Do this first thing in the morning and before going to bed. You will see noticeable changes within weeks.
- Apply carrot juice to the patches for at least three to six times in a day. Also, give the patient a cup of carrot juice to drink two times in a day for 40 days. This will surely help in re-pigmentation.Mix five teaspoons of turmeric powder and 250 ml of mustard oil. Apply this paste on the discolored skin twice a day.
- Make a mixture of one part of red clay and one part of ginger juice. Rub this mixture on the affected areas of skin daily. You will see the desired results using this home remedy within few months of use.
- Grind 25 grams of radish seeds and mix this powder with two teaspoons of vinegar. Apply this mixture to the white patches and see the wonder of this remedy.
- One of the best natural remedies for vitiligo is to drink water stored in a copper vessel. For this, pour drinking water into a copper vessel and keep it aside for a night. Drink this water on an empty stomach on the next morning.
- Some other remedies are to avoid non vegetarian foods, processed or junk foods, oily and fatty foods, carbonated drinks, alcohol and smoking while you are undergoing the treatment for vitiligo.
This natural home remedy has been used to treat vitiligo. You need to mix about 5 tablespoons of turmeric powder with 250 ml of mustard oil then apply the solution over the areas affected. For best results, this should be repeated regularly for 6 months to see the white patches disappear.
Seeds from radish are well known and have been used on how to get rid of vitiligo naturally. The radish seeds work by stimulating regeneration of melanin in skin. One can prepare a paste by mixing them with Vinegar then applying to the affected areas.
Ginger can also be used to get rid of vitiligo naturally; white patches on the skin can be treated by mixing ginger with red clay and using the paste on the affected areas.
Water infused with copper ions is another natural treatment for vitiligo as the copper ions once absorbed in the water help to stimulate melanin and get rid of the white patches.
The recommended vegetables for vitiligo treatment should have psoralens for example parsley and celery. They also bring about the benefit of bringing out the skin’s natural reaction to sunlight.
In conclusion, the above methods are effective on how to get rid of vitiligo naturally. Not only will you have glowing skin but your self confidence also receives a boost. Always make a habit of applying sunscreen lotion on your body especially the affected areas before going out into the sun. Also apply vitamin E oil to your skin daily in order to stimulate and help produce the required amount of melanin to prevent vitiligo.
Bathing and massaging your body at least twice a day by using olive oil is also beneficial in delivering the desired results and also help protect your skin. However, always consult your doctor before using any treatments or in case of side effects.