How to Get Back In If Locked Out Of Facebook
I’ve had a few emails asking “why is my facebook locked,” but there are a lot of reasons why you might find yourself locked out of Facebook.
Somebody may have hacked into your account and changed your login details. Somebody may have reported something you posted which caused Facebook to freeze your account temporarily.
Or Facebook deemed your profile or your posts to be spammy thus prompting them to disable it. There are other reasons, but these are the most common.
Getting locked out of Facebook can be very frustrating mainly if you use it in running or marketing a business of yours. For instance, a portion of your customers may be coming from Facebook. These will be clients lost if you don’t get back into Facebook as soon as possible.
Thankfully, there are specific measures which you can take to recover your account. These include the following:
1. You can reset your password if you have forgotten it. On the login page, just click on the link that says “Forgot your password?”
You will then be asked to input the email address you used to register with Facebook. You will get a message containing additional instructions on how to reset your password. It only works if you can access the email address you used to register.
2. Answer the security question. Use this if you can’t access the email address linked to your Facebook account. After clicking on the “Forgot your password?” link, click next on the link that says “No longer have access to these?”
All you have to do now is follow the instructions provided to answer the security question correctly. If you give the right answer to the question, you’ll likely be able to recover your account. However, you will only be able to log in after 24 hours.
3. Get help from friends. But There are some points to bear in mind when deciding on who to pick out as a trusted contact. Understand that you will need to be able to contact them, so don’t pick anyone you just know via the social network that you do not have other contact details.
Use this if you can’t answer the security question as discussed above. This only works if you have added trusted contacts who may number from 3 to 5 friends. You will be given directions and allowed to choose which friends you are going to seek help.
You can then either call your friends or talk to them in person and give them the URL they should visit to acquire your security code. Get this security code from them and use it to unlock your account.
4. Report a login issue. If you find your Facebook account locked and just can’t access your account, although you are 100% sure that you are using the correct email address and password, this is your best option.
Facebook provides a form where you can enter the details of your problem like what were you were doing when the problem occurred. You can also upload a screenshot of the bug you’re encountering. Send in the report then wait for their response.
5. Should you find yourself locked out of a Facebook account and with the idea it’s only a temporary thing, it may not be just temporary. Instead of waiting for Facebook you should visit this page Facebook Help follow the appropriate link, and then leave a detailed message about your problem.
start the message by saying “My Facebook Account is locked” and they will get back to you. Remember that the mighty Google was once also locked out of Facebook, and pages were the solely accessible content that Google had to access it, so don’t feel bad thinking you did something wrong.
Be careful of how many times you are sharing posts to avoid you saying those words “I’m locked out of Facebook,” and also make sure you understand Facebook’s sharing policies.
To protect your account from being Locked out or disabled in the future, the first thing you should do is change your password to a much stronger one so that hackers can’t quickly figure it out.
Also, make it a habit of changing your password regularly. Other security measures are adding backup email addresses to your account, adding your mobile phone, and taking advantage of the extra security features that concern Facebook app passwords, active sessions, and code generators.
Hi, Lovebirds, this is Loverboy Ramil, and this is my next tutorial on how to fix your Facebook account if you get locked. I’m sorry I don’t use Screencaps so …
Facebook says it will soon allow you to get help from your friends when you get locked out of your Facebook account. According to a post on Facebook’s official Security page, you’ll be able to designate three to five friends as …
Locked out of Facebook
For the second time tonight I have been locked out while commenting on new photos I had just loaded. The first time, I was able to click on pictures of people on my friend’s list to get back on. Now they want either my …
Haters, please don’t reply to this thread. So I turned off Facebook, and now I want to reactivate, and I get a message saying I cannot access for 24 hours. Anyone has this problem before and is there a way around it?