Stretching was once considered the primary activity before a good workout. Recent studies have called into question the advantages of stretching exercises before working out. Traditional, or static, stretching muscles can result in decreased muscle strength and overall performance. Think about doing dynamic stretches before and static stretching right after a workout.
1. To improve your flexibility as well as to avoid injuries, stretch both before and after a workout. Just about everyone sees that stretching before exercise helps prevent injuries throughout the physical activities. However, not many people understand that stretching after a workout, when muscles will still be warm, has the ability to increase flexibility.
2. Hold your stretching position for almost a minute to improve flexibility. While holding your position for 20 seconds is sufficient for warm-ups, holding each position for around a minute will develop the body's flexibility.
3. In Stretching exercises, hold that position for a few seconds, then slowly relax. You need to do this exercise repeatedly this way. Bouncing or pressuring yourself into a position during stretching can strain or even damage some joints or muscles.
4. Work slowly and gradually in increments rather than immediately proceeding to do the most difficult exercise or position.
5. Be sure that you have stretched or warmed up all muscle groups. For many people, regardless of whether they've got healthy bodies, they have a tendency to forget about the neck when working out or stretching. Stretch the neck muscles by placing the palm of your hand up against the front of your head and pushing it. Then, perform same for the sides and also the back of your head.
6. Stretch regularly to continually improve your range of movements as well as your a higher level of overall flexibility and strength.
7. Never force yourself to do any exercise that you aren't yet able to do. Improve your limits slowly and gradually. Listen to your body. There are days when your body might be too tired that you may have to consider reducing your range of flexibility.
8. Rest in between sets and stations to be sure that your body has ample time to recover its energy. Additionally, the good idea is that you do not work the same muscle groups consecutively for two days. The muscles grow during the period whenever you rest and never when you are working out.
9. Cardio exercises are those physical activities that use much oxygen for fuel. This consists of cardio exercises like skipping rope, running or swimming.
10. Music could help you whenever you want to train for extended periods or to enhance your intensity. Make sure that you brought your headset with you so that you would not disturb those who don't prefer music when they are exercising.
Besides avoiding injuries and increasing one's limit, it's also stated that stretching is great for a tired body as well as a stressed mind and spirit.